Typically, I am anti these 20 question things, but when my sweet friend Megan tagged me, I thought it might be fun to play along so that you could learn a little more about me.
Rule #1: The tagged person must write their answers on their blog and replace any questions they dislike with a new question formulated by themselves.
Rule #2: Tag people to do this quiz. Ok…so I don’t want to tag people. If you want to do it, let me know, and I will add you to this post. I know, I know…I am lame.
1. What is one word that can best be used to describe you?
Is “Giraffe” a descriptive word? If so, that is the one I choose. 🙂 I am awkwardly tall with long legs and I love spots. Side note…I hate answering these questions seriously. I will try harder on question #2.
2. If you could have a dream come true, would what it be? I am going with Megan’s answer…”I don’t really have a “dream” that I have always wanted to come true. I really desire a happy family that serves and loves God together.” Sorry to cop out, but it is so true.
3. What would you do with a billion dollars?
Um, that is a ridiculous sum of money that I will never see! I would pay off my house and car (as well as my family’s houses, cars, and debt); go back to school full time; adopt and help others to adopt; set aside money for kiddos (and my niece) to go to school; pay for our church’s new building; put a big patio in our backyard (so we can have neighborhood cookouts); buy my big brother a house (in VA, of course); give lots of money to church plants and missionaries; take my Bible Study girls on an international mission trip; give money to my Alma Mater (Go Tribe!); and just generally love on people in need.
4. What helps pull you out of a bad mood?
My crazy husband making me laugh (even when I don’t want to laugh).
5. What is your bedtime routine?
Potty it up (HA!), wash my face, brush and floss my teeth, kiss Mark and Freckles goodnight and attempt to fall asleep as quickly as possible.
6. What activities did you do in High School? If you could go back, would you do the same or something different?
I haven’t thought about my high school activities in years…here goes: I was involved in my church youth group; I played rec soccer, basketball, and softball and I swam in the summer; I coached middle school girls’ basketball, 2 swim teams, and special needs soccer; I was apart of our class government (planning events) and was the class treasurer (which was a nightmare for a class of 1,000 students); I was the advising coordinator for the PA State Student Council Conference (huge nerd); I was the French Club President (Oui Oui), was a member of the National Honor Society and the Key Club, and was a huge nerd on every level of life. Oh and I was also on the Mock Trial Team, which should be surprising to any of you who know me. I hate standing up in front of people to talk. What was I thinking? I am sure that I am missing something, but I already sound ridiculously nerdy. I will stop now. I learned a tremendous amount about leading a “big girl” life in high school. I over-committed myself constantly and paid the price in my levels of stress and feeling overwhelmed (even though I loved everything that I did). Looking back, I realize that God taught me a lot about my satisfaction coming from Him and who He created me to be and not from how popular I am or what activities I am involved in. I wouldn’t change it. Sorry for being so verbose.
7. What kind of books do you read?
I read my Bible daily, and when I find time, I like to read fiction books and light theology books.
8. How do you see yourself in ten years?
A devoted wife, loving momma, and committed church member. I would also love to be working in student affairs at a public university and planning weddings/events part-time.
9. What’s your favorite piece of clothing you own?
Too hard…I don’t know! I love dresses, skirts and cardigans.
10. What kind of skin care do you use?
Biore and Neutrogena – nothing fancy
11. What’s the first thing you do when you wake up?
Press SNOOZE on my alarm clock at least once. Waking up early is such a bummer.
12. If you could have any job, regardless of income, what would it be?
Planning orientation for new undergrads at the College of W&M! I know that I am nerdy, but I love working with students. My second job choice…planning royal weddings and celebrations. 🙂
13. If you could pick a new name for yourself, what would it be?
Weird question! I don’t know. I know what I would NOT want to be named…Gertrude!
14. If you had to choose between six months of sun or six months or rain, which would you choose?
Who in their right mind would choose rain? I heart sunshine.
15. If you could only eat one thing for the next six months, what would it be?
Chicken Fajita salad with lots of peppers and onions and the yummy southwest vinaigrette dressing from Moe’s Southwest Grill.
16. What is the thing you enjoy about blogging the most?
I love planning unique and special events! I think so many people get stuck in a rut of what they have seen their family or friends do at past events. I love giving people a new and different perspective!
17. Do you prefer salty or sweet foods?
I love sweet food. It is my nemesis. 🙂
18. What items are in your purse right now?
Good gravy…2 wallets (don’t ask), my Bible and notebook, fruit snacks, gum, hair ties, work keys, car/home keys, multiple types of Burt’s Bees lip stuff, my make-up, hand sanitizer, and a bunch of trash (courtesy of the hubs at the Wholesale club on Tuesday).
19. What is the best memory you have of you and the person that tagged you in their 20 questions?
Hmmm…Megan and I went through a unique phase of life together, so we shared lots of fun moments. My favorite might be the day that she brought me home from a baby shower at church and we just sat and talked forever in my apt’s parking lot. We cried and laughed and realized very much we shared in common!
20. What are your favorite TV shows?
NCIS, Chuck, Community, The Office, Parks and Rec, Say Yes to the Dress, and a lot of shows on HGTV and Bravo. Oh and Parking Wars…I love the PPA.