Yesterday morning we celebrated the class of 2011 high school and college students at our church. Since my husband and I work with the student ministry at our church, we know the high school students well and were incredibly excited to celebrate them (and their fab families) at our grad luncheon after the service.
Mark put me in charge of decor and set-up (he knows me so well), but we were on a pretty tight budget. Thinking through our budget and the amount of time that I had to devote, I went with an old but good theme: Oh, the Places You’ll Go!. My friend Mandy, made a fabulous cake to go with the theme! She is so talented! Thanks again Mandy!
Here are the items that went into the set-up:
- 12 black table cloths from Dollar Tree
- 2 copies of Oh, the Places You’ll Go! from my own High School Graduation
- Left-over pink, green, yellow, orange, and purple balloons and balloon weights (from past youth events)
- 1 roll of light yellow wrapping paper from Dollar Tree
- 2 25 packs of colored paper from Micheal’s
- 5 packs of light yellow napkins from Dollar Tree
- 5 packs of multi-colored tissue paper from Dollar Tree
- 1 pack of polka dot mini cupcake holders
- 3 packages of M&Ms
Price of all supplies for luncheon decor: $35
Congrats Class of 2011! We love you!